Monday, July 12, 2010

Garden Goodness

My first cutting of broccoli
My second pulling of carrots (this was a few days ago, I pulled more than double this today)
My second mess of green beans (again, this was the other day, I picked this much again today...puts me up to 13 quarts of green beans canned thus far)
My first picking of zucchinis...I see some zucchini pie in our near future :)
A few cucumbers...I wish I had more so I could make some pickles. Why don't they all come on at the same time?
I had a very busy day today - thanks to Gram Bergman. She is here visiting and watched/played with the kids while I worked in the garden and around the house! I was able to do 5 loads of laundry this morning, pick/break/can green beans, and pull/blanch/freeze carrots just to name a few things.
Also...last night, Doug and I butchered our 9 chickens! Ths was the main reason for Gram coming. She entertained the kiddos and kept them inside while Doug and I worked. We started about 5 p.m. and finished about 9:30 last night. It was quite an experience, but we learned a lot and got it done. I decided not to take pictures because (frankly) I didn't think you would want to see them, and I really didn't want to capture those "memories". Dallas didn't say anything today about the "cluck-clucks". Let's see how long it takes before he realizes they are gone...
Until next time...

No comments: