Saturday, July 31, 2010

Freezing and Canning

Thursday, I did another batch (15 dozen ears) of sweet corn for the freezer
I hope the 40 quarts I have put up will last us until next summer! I am thinking about trying to freeze some on the ear. Has anyone ever done this? What are your thoughts about the taste?

Friday (my birthday) I made a carrot cake and canned 5 pints of carrots (yes, I pulled a LOT of carrots from the garden Thursday evening). Apparently, Reba thought it was boring work, so she fell asleep on the kitchen floor...
Yep, that's her big toe right by her mouth...I bet you can't do that!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Stacia said...

wow. just wow.

connie said...

I think little Miss Reba is being neglected! You wouldn't want to send her to Indiana for awhile, would you? Just kidding, but anytime would be fine with me. About the corn left on the cob for the freezer. Some people just love it, but I did try it a time or two, and it always tasted soggy and not crisp like I like it fresh. So you might just try it and see how you like it. Good Luck, Connie