Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Weekend

I promise I have not forgotten about my Easter pictures. I will get to them soon. We had such a wonderful weekend, that I have to blog about it first. The weather was awesome, so we spent most of our time outside - much like the farmers who rent the ground around our house...
Doug might have called them "show-offs", but both him and Dallas loved watching them apply the anhydrous.
Reba and I did go shopping Saturday morning. Doug called me crazy for taking these pictures and posting them, but I was just too proud of my "steals!"

The best deal of the day was at Target. Here is what I bought...any guess as to how much I spent out of pocket? (HINT: full retail price would be around $50)
$30 - no, lower
$25 - no, lower
$20 - no, lower
$15 - no, lower!

Alright, I'll tell you - $13.05!!!

My other great stop was at CVS. Here's what I bought...any guess as to what my out of pocket expense was there? (HINT: full retail price would be around $125)
$100 - no, lower
$75 - no, lower
$50 - close

$49.16!

Got to love coupons and great sales!!!

On Sunday, we decided to plant some garden. Reba did what she does best in the stroller...
Dallas started out playing on the lawn mower...
Then, he wanted to help put out the flags...
Then, he wanted to help dig (even though there wasn't a need to dig)
Here's how the garden looks so far. On the left hand side of the garden is the strawberry and raspberry patches. Then the flags mark where we planted green onions, carrots, broccoli, spinach, leaf lettuce, beets, radishes and kohlrabi.

The raspberries have really taken off this past week (I hoping to get enough to try my hand at raspberry jam)
In other news, I took the kids to the doctor today. I don't understand how we went all winter being healthy, and now that it is nice out, we are ALL icky. Over the weekend, Dallas' snot went from clear to a shade of green (lovely, I know), and he didn't want us touching his ears when applying sunscreen or taking a bath. Reba, on the other hand, still has a cough and runny nose (clear), not any worse than before but not any better either.

So the verdict:

Dallas - after screaming while I tried to put him on the scales and then falling asleep in my arms while waiting on the doctor to come examine the kiddos - has an ear infection. This is his first one EVER! I guess I should feel pretty lucky that he made it to 2 years and 1 month, but still not fun.

Reba - has a cold. The cough is from all the icky stuff running down her throat. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it besides wait it out.

So...say a little prayer that these two get to feeling better very quickly.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Erin P said...

Hope you guys get to feeling better! Glad to see some pics, as always! :)

connie said...

So sorry my grandkids are not feeling the best. Hope and pray they are back to normal soon. Rajean, congrats on the great deals you made over the weekend. I love good bargains also. What a savings! Amazing! Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend, I miss you all. Thanks for the pics.