Wednesday, February 24, 2010

King D

This morning I took Dallas and Reba to story time at the library. The theme for today was "Kings and Queens". When we first arrived, the kiddos were able to make a crown. Dallas did a great job picking out the pieces he wanted to glue on his crown.

I helped him put it altogether and ta-da! King D!
After we finished making his crown, Dallas played with some cars, trucks, and tractors. Then when it came time to listen to the stories (about 45 minutes after we arrived!), Dallas was DONE. He didn't want to sit with the other kids, he didn't want to stand by me, he didn't want me to hold him, etc. He started crying, screaming and kicking...so we left. Let's hope he does better the next time...or they don't wait so long to read the stories.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Carla said...

I'm surprized they don't do stories first. They should know it's hard to get kids to settle down from playing.

Missy!! said...

I would do the story first as well so you could BRIBE the kids with the fun activity afterwards!