Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pregnancy, Food, and Big D

Instead of three different posts, I am combining them into one.

Topic #1 - Pregnancy
I'm 26 weeks today! Sorry for the blurriness of the belly pic - the sun was at just the right angle to make it that way.
Not only, have I reached 26 weeks, but the count down until due date went under 100 days this week! Not much else is new in the preggo department other than Baby Gertie is a very active one. I sometimes think s/he is more active than the toddler I have running around the house! Doug has been able to feel some pretty good kicks from Gertie as well. Maybe one day, Dallas will hold still long enough to feel the baby move as well.
Topic #2 - Food!
Last night, we had a home-raised, home-made meal.
I made ka-bobs using lamb meat from one of my parents' sheep, along with tomatoes, onions and bell peppers grown in our garden! The sweet corn came from the patch Doug's group has at work. All-in-all, it was delicious (and cheap)!
Last, but not least
Topic #3 - Big D
Dallas turned 17 months old this past Tuesday. I am trying to refer to him as a toddler, but it is difficult not to call him a baby. I'm sure you other mom's out there are shaking your heads in agreement.

Dallas' newest trick - climbing up on the kitchen chairs. He looked like such a big boy last night drinking his milk in a big person seat (even if I couldn't get him to smile).
Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy!! said...

Oh my he does look like a big boy! So this new baby girl you are having... does she get Dallas' old room? Are they sharing a room... getting a new room? I've always wondered with the second baby how you mommies handle that! :)

(AND NO.. no baby so don't even think that is why I'm asking! :)