Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 27th birthday, and I'm sitting home by myself:
  • Doug is working long hours this week - the weather has finally warmed up enough to make the corn tassel and pollinate.
  • Dallas is still hanging with the grandparents in Indiana.

Needless to say, it is pretty quiet around here.

Enough of that...on to the present(s). I treated myself to a brand new pressure cooker!


It is a Presto 16 qt cooker/canner, and I have already given it a test run. I put up 8 dozen ears of corn yesterday, which made about 18 pints. All but 2 of them sealed...so I think that's a good success rate for the first time canning! I think Doug and I are going to pick more corn tonight so I can do it all again tomorrow.

With the purchase of my new pressure canner, I received a canning kit! The Kitchen Collection Outlet Store was running a special...buy a new canner - get a canning kit free {a $15 value}. Happy Birthday to me!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I hope your day has been fantastic!!!!