Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rhubarb and Reorganization

Yesterday, my wonderful hubby brought home some rhubarb that someone from work had given him. At first, I was very excited. We had finished the pie I made a few nights before, and I was itching to make another. After I got the rhubarb washed, I wasn't so excited! Take a look at how much he brought home...
I had plenty for a pie, made two bags up for the freezer (that should do two more pies), and then I gave a try at canning the rest. I ended up with 4 quarts of canned rhubarb. Not sure what I will do with it, but I'll figure something out! Needless to say, my hand was pretty cramped by the end of the day from holding a knife for so long.

In other news, Dallas loves to help in the kitchen. Just this evening, while I was emptying the dishwasher, he decided it was time to reorganize my cabinets.
Apparently, he needed to make room to sit inside!
Until next time...

3 comments:

connie said...

Wow! I like the looks of that rhubarb. I can taste that in a pie right now. But canned rhubarb? That I have never tried. I'm sure it will taste just as good as frozen. Maybe when we get back to Iowa, we could have some pie? Good job!

Trista said...

Ha...love the pics! Reminds me of the little boy on a Christmas Story. Hiding in the cabinets.

:)
Trista

Jennifer E. said...

I've never heard of canned rhubarb either, but Mom and I have a recipe for strawberry/rhubarb jam that's super easy and yummie if you want it.