Monday, August 18, 2008

Iowa State Fair ~ Day 2

Since we spent all day Wednesday in the sheep barn, we all went back to the fair on Thursday to walk around. Plus, I had to see the Butter Cow...as it had been my third year of going to the Iowa State Fair, and I had yet to see it.

Because pictures are far better than my words...here you go!


Katie and I getting ready to enjoy the fair!


The Butter Cow! Yes, that is made of real butter. (In case you didn't know - the Iowa State Fair is famous for the Butter Cow)


This year they also did a Butter Shawn Johnson (the Olympic gymnast from Iowa)


And, four influential Iowa agriculturist made of butter (sorry, I don't remember who they were)


The wind mill on the fair grounds.


My three favorite guys!


The Budweiser Clydesdales were at the fair. We were able to see them hitch up the team and drive away.


My little farmer...he's finally big enough to fit into some bib overalls!

The next four pictures are of restored tractors that were done by FFA members.









Mom, Dad, Granny, and Lisa brought the sheep back to our house on Thursday evening. They then headed back to Indiana on Friday. Grandma had to get one more picture before she left...


Until next time...

p.s. make sure you continue scrolling down to see more pictures and updates on what has happened since we went to Indiana...this was my third post today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures of the butter stuff, I have never heard of that before. Uncle John likes that you put the best tractor first in your blog, the John Deere of course. You must have worked hard to catch up on the blog. Love all your Dallas pictures.
Aunt Kelly