Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Couple Crazy Days

It has still been crazy around here! Doug left early Tuesday morning for meetings in Chicago, but on Monday night, he helped me pick and husk about 9 or 10 dozen ears of sweet corn. Yep...you guessed it...that left me to cook and freeze it on Tuesday. It wasn't all that bad. Dallas did great while I was busy with the project. He sat in his walker/exerciser and played and watched me. I ended up getting about 17 (quart size bags) in the freezer. When Dallas fell asleep for his late afternoon nap, I mowed the yard! I tried to give Dallas some more baby food for supper, but he did not want anything to do with it. I even tried mixing the cereal with breast milk thinking it would be a familiar taste for him. Oh well...if he is anything like his father...he will catch on soon enough!

On Wednesday, I spent a good part of the morning in the garden ~ pulling some weeds and harvesting some bell peppers, jalapenos, onions, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, and tomatoes! Of course, I then had to wash it all and store it some way or another. I also took things into town to share with Laura (who is helping with the garden). I ended up staying at her house for an hour chit-chatting! I tried giving Dallas some cereal again, and still no luck. Tonight I even mashed up a banana with it! He didn't even want to open his mouth for the spoon (which he was doing great with the first couple nights). I then got to thinking...and it was Doug that was having the luck feeding him before...maybe he just likes his Daddy to feed him the big people food! Anywho...I topped my evening off with watching the Olympics...now I need to get to bed.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we tried mixing it with applesauce. He will eat it one day.

Kristin said...

Man oh man. Sounds like you have some good corn. We just put up a ton of it too!! Scott's mom couldn't find enough people to give it away to. We've got it coming out of our ears...no pun intended :) Dallas will eat when he's ready. You may be onto something with his daddy feeding him ;)

kristen said...

Sounds like you're a corn freezing machine! When Dallas finally decides he wants to eat I hope he likes creamed corn!