Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Monday Morning (or afternoon or evening...which ever it is when you read this!) I hope you all had a great weekend. There was nothing too exciting around here ~ Doug had to work late Thursday and Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Friday night we did go over to Ryan and Melanie's for dinner after work. (Ryan works with Doug, and he is a grill expert) We didn't get there until 8 o'clock and Dallas fell asleep by 9...so I was able to enjoy the evening visiting and not having to worry about the little guy. Everyone stayed past mid-night, and Doug said they were all dragging Saturday morning in the field!

On Saturday, Dallas and I escaped the house for a while and went to Coralville to walk around/shop. I was in need of some new jeans. My two pairs were really beginning to show some wearing and fading. I was hoping to buy some Levi's ~ I just like the way they fit ~ but the Levi Outlet shop closed a couple months ago. I ended up at Gordman's, which is new to Coralville and found a pair that I really like. I don't remember the brand right now, but they were fairly inexpensive. Plus...they were 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing before I was pregnant! Yea for me!

On Sunday, I started mowing the yard, but let Doug finish it when he got home from work. He really enjoys mowing and hasn't been able to do it for a good while. Dallas and I chilled on the front porch...me in one of the rocking chairs and him in his walker. We later picked some veggies from the garden and planted some more radishes and green onions. I also planted some more pumpkin seeds. I had one plant, but I think the deer ate it! So...we'll try it again. We did get a quick shower Sunday late afternoon, but then it was a great evening to sit outside. After Dallas went to bed, Doug and I made some S'mores on the grill ~ not quite the same as a campfire, but they were still delicious!

In other news, Dallas has his first tooth working its way through. I can't really see it yet, but I sure can feel it! Dallas goes to the chiropractor again on Thursday. Then, he visits Leslie the therapist on Friday morning, and he has his 4 month check-up (and shots) Friday afternoon. It will be interesting to see how much he has grown. Plus, I'm thinking that he might be able to start on solid food. Now that will be fun!

OK...enough of the boring talk...here's some pictures of the little man.

I've recently put the stuffed bears in the crib so Dallas could have something to "play" with when he wakes up. He really likes the green one!


When I was taking the above picture, Charlie came and sat right in front of me as if he wanted his picture taken. So I did.


Bath time...he is so much fun!


Sunday night, we had a blow out on the diaper (that's the reason for the paper towels). After I changed Dallas, I went to throw the diaper away and get some PJ's...when I came back, this is what I found.

Yes, he is ASLEEP!

The veggies I picked from the garden.

sweet peppers, carrots, some type of cherry tomato, and green onions

The first ripe tomatoes! They were excellent on the BLTs last night!!!


Until next time...

4 comments:

Missy!! said...

When you said "solid food" did you mean baby food or seriously solid food? Surely it is the first since he is just now getting a tooth... right??

Forgive me.. this whole parental time line.. is unconquered territory to me!

Rajean B. said...

Yes, I mean baby food (rice cereal and strained fruits and veggies). Of course, depending of what the doc says Friday.

Kristin said...

Wow! You are always saying you guys really aren't doing "anything," however, I think you do quite a bit. It looks like you had a great weekend. :) What beautiful vegetables your garden is bringing in! And, what is this business of being two sizes smaller than before you were pregnant?? How did you accomplish that? Way to go you :)

Rajean B. said...

Thanks Kristin...I swear it's the breast-feeding. It burns a lot of calories!!!