Sunday, July 20, 2008

Unexpected Visitors and Best Friends

On Friday evening, Doug and I had two visitors come over. We were not really expecting anyone, and I did not have the house in "company condition." They decided not to stay very long after meeting the dogs, but they did enjoy a quick bit to eat. I was able to get a few pictures before they left...

These were taken from the front room looking into our front and side yard.



You can't really tell (because my photography skills weren't in sync that day), but they were both young bucks.



As far as best friends go...I think this says it all...

Only true friends would allow one to put his feet in the other's face!

Dallas just thought it was the funniest thing and just kept kicking at Charlie's face. Charlie is actually super soft right now {because I gave him and Fred a bath yesterday}, so it must have felt good on Dallas' feet.

Finally, I wanted to show how much progress Dallas is making with his neck. We are still visiting the therapist once a month and doing extra exercises at home. I have also taken Dallas to my chiropractor for some small adjustments. In the past week, Dallas has made leaps and bounds by voluntarily turning his head to left AND keeping it there!


I hope you all had a great weekend. We have been getting lots and lots of rain - again. On Thursday night, we received about 2 1/2 inches; Friday afternoon, another inch or more, and another 1 1/2 inches last night. When Doug comes home from work, he has to hose off his jeans because they are completely covered in mud!

Well, I had better get back to my laundry.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy!! said...

I wonder if your dogs face feels like kids with burr haircuts. I just love running my hand over short hair like that.. I'd love to try my feet some day! :)