Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Birthday

I just wanted to let you know that I have the best husband in the world.

He called me last night around 6:30 and asked me on a date! He had lined up a babysitter and already called Texas Roadhouse to put our name on the list. Our friend Gema from work has been telling us since Dallas was born that she would watch the little guy. Usually, when we do go out, it is with everyone from work so she hasn't had a chance. Last night, she did. We dropped Dallas off a little before 8 o'clock and headed out. When we got to the Roadhouse, we were seated right away. The food was excellent - like it always is. Doug, of course, told the server it was my birthday. I didn't get the "Big Ye-Haw", but I did get a big dish of ice cream! It was a wonderful birthday.

Finally, I want to thank everyone that sent cards, emails, left comments, and called. It was so nice of you to think of me on my big day!

Until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug is great, that's for sure. He could teach your Uncle John a thing or two for sure...flowers, dinner, etc. Good for you...take care. Love Aunt Kelly

Missy!! said...

Wow! A REAL date?? Do you know how long its been since I've been on a real date? Not chasing parts.. not getting something from Menard.. a date! I'm so jealous! And flowers! The boy gets you flowers for EVERYTHING! How in the world did you find/train him? His momma did a great job raising him! :)

Melissa Lakes said...

Happy belated birthday! Chris and I make a point to go on a date once a week... of course, it's a little easier for us since we're not scrambling after a baby!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't take all the credit for the way Doug takes care of Rajean, but if you want, I'll take most of the credit. anyway he is a great guy in so many ways. I think the good Lord just gave us such blessings in our kids.