Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Indiana Vacation

Doug, Dallas and I set out for our summer vacation on June 19th. Destination: Indiana! Our good friend Cari got married on the 20th! I think I talked about this in an earlier post, but I wasn't able to put up pictures because the camera was being silly...well, here is a picture of the lovely bride and me!



This was the only picture we were able to capture because Dallas got a bit cranky right before the ceremony began, so Doug wasn't able to take any pictures.

We spent the next week visiting friends and family and observing the flash flood damage that occurred the first weekend of June. Here are a few shots from our travels.

Grandma and Aunt Katie gave Dallas a bath!




Aunt Katie trying to get Dallas to smile for a picture


Dallas trying to get in a nap...


Aunt Lisa and Dallas


This was one of the worst sights from the flash flooding. That gully is more than 5 feet deep (on the shallow end), and very, very long!


Grandpa and Dallas playing ... neither one is really an early riser, but when you get them together, they make each other smile.


On Saturday, June 28th, Dallas and I went to Aunt Pat's for a short visit. The Rosenfeld's were having a big family gathering, so we went to meet the rest of the family.

Christy and Dallas


Grandma and Dallas


Aunt Peggy and Dallas


After visiting the Rosenfeld's, we headed out to another wedding! My cousin, Jennifer, got married. It was a beautiful ceremony, and you could just see the love shining on their faces and feel the love in the air!

Here's Grandpa telling Dallas to be good during the ceremony...


The newly-weds!


Dallas crashed at the end of the ceremony.


The Gossett Grandkids and Great-Grandkids!

From left to right: Lisa, Katie, Granny, Dan,
Jennifer holding Dallas, Rajean, and
Stacia with great-grandbaby in the oven!

Sunday, June 29th, we all met at Compton's for some breakfast. No...I did not get ice cream for breakfast, but it is an option on the menu!


Katie, Dallas, and I left mid-afternoon on the 29th to head back to Iowa. We had such a wonderful trip, and we were glad to be able to see so many people. On the other hand, it was very nice to be back home. Especially, since Doug went back to Iowa on the 22nd, and Dallas and I hadn't seen him for nearly a week!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Where the heck is that gully at?? That is out of control!

Rajean B. said...

The gully wash-out is close to the Johnson/Shelby county line...near the gravel pit. Somewhat close to the Kokomo grain...if you know where that is out.

Missy!! said...

Ya know.. I heard about it.. so I went driving to find it.. never did succeed! I saw one right at the gravel pit.. but it wasn't planted (or at least if it was it looked like weeds to me!) Did you see the bridge that was washed out between Marietta and Mt. Auburn?! Sheesh! Crazy Indiana weather! :)

Looks like you and Mr. D. and had great time! He is getting so big.. and he really needs a sister! :)

Rajean B. said...

I would love for Dallas to have a sister...someday...it is up to the good Lord as to when that will happen!

I saw pictures of the bridge wash-out between Marietta and Mt. Auburn. Mom and Dad were there when it collapsed! By the time I made it there to see, they had repaired it.