Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Howdy All!

No worries, we did not fall off the earth. We just lost our Internet connection at our house when all the flooding occurred. Luckily, as I have mentioned before, we were not hit hard by the flooding. But...our Internet provider is out of Cedar Rapids, and well...they pretty much have had no power for the last couple weeks. Let's hope it is back working soon. Also, our mail service was suspended for a few days because mail goes through Cedar Rapids.

A quick recap of what has happened since my last post. I took Dallas into work a few days after he turned 3 months to get a weight check. He tipped the scales at 17 lbs 4 oz and was 25 1/2 inches long. Connie checked Doug's baby book ~ Doug was 17 lbs even and 25 1/2 inches at 3 months! Dallas is such a carbon copy of his daddy. Dallas also made a trip to the doctor because he was having trouble with cradle cap. The doctor gave me a few "home remedy" solutions, and he is doing much better.

Doug and I left Iowa on Thursday, June 19th to head back to Indiana. My best friend, Cari, was getting married on the 20th and I was a bridesmaid. As luck would have it, interstate 80 was re-opened just in time for us to take it back. We had found an alternate route just in case, but we did not have to use it. The wedding was absolutely beautiful! Cari looked amazing, and Shawn cleaned up pretty well himself.

We then spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with family. Doug left to head back to Iowa on Monday morning. Dallas and I are staying through next Monday. We will ride back to Iowa with Katie, as she is coming back for our cousin's wedding this coming Saturday.

I have only a few pictures because my camera has decided to start being silly and not wanting to work. I tried uploading pictures, but that wasn't working either. When I get it fixed, I promise to put up pictures.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy!! said...

Aww.. Little Cari is married?!?! Makes me feel old!! :) So.. who is this Shawn guy? I saw a few (like 2) on Janet's myspace.. but no groupies or just the couple were on there. Just curious. I can't wait to see the pictures!! I bet it was beautiful!! :)