Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Flowers!

...and a few other pictures.

Today, while going to burn the trash, I realized that my flowers have really started to bloom. I guess it must be from all the rain they have received in the last week! I thought I would share some of them with you...
This is our garden. It is at the south of our property (the picture is looking to the north toward the house) between the barn and shed.
My irises by the shed. I had to get a picture today because the blooms will be gone tomorrow!

In front of the irises, my friend Laura helped me plant some coral belles she got from her folks' farm.
My rose bush...look at all those blooms!
A close up of one rose.
The first peony to open.
This little guy is in our front yard. We thought last year it was some sort of tree because it didn't do anything. This year...we got these beautiful flowers. Does anyone know what type of flower this is?

Here is a close up of the bloom. I'm thinking a snowball or hydrangea?
As most of you know, the porch is one of my favorite things about my house. I also love all the hostas that surround it!
Check out the Clem!
In other news...I have officially taken the last step in becoming a full-fledged mom! I cut my hair! Dallas was learning to grab at it all the time...now I know why mom's have short hair!

Finally, the post wouldn't be complete without a picture of Dallas. I love this picture because he looks like a grown man sitting around shootin' the shit!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute haircut rajean! hope things are well... the flowers are very nice there was a really nice poppy in the flowers from the house we are gettin and they dug it up....haha have a great day
~jennifer cash

Erin P said...

Cute hair cut! Yay for flowers! I've always called the bush you were referring to a "snowball" bush! We have a few of them here in our yard at home, mostly white, but one that is purple-ish.

Anonymous said...

love the hair cut..as you know I am partial to short hair cuts. As always, we enjoy your blogs and pictures. Please don't forget us when Dallas gets his Sears photo's back.

Aunt Kelly

Melissa Lakes said...

I love the haircut! And I agree, I think that's a hydrangea. They take a while to really get established, but once they do they will be like a small shrub with lots of flowers. I've got one in my yard as well that I planted a year ago, and I'm hoping by next spring it will bloom.