Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Sunny Saturday

Alright, first off...I'm sorry for not posting anything since Wednesday...not too much exciting going on around here.

Doug made it home from St. Louis about 8 p.m. Friday night. He had been there since Monday evening for meetings with work. He had a great trip, and enjoyed seeing some "co-workers" from other plants that he hasn't seen for a while. Doug also spent an extra day to enjoy a toy show that was at the same hotel he had been staying in all week! It was worth it because he found some great deals (he is good at sniffin' them out!).


The toy Doug picked up in St. Louis
An Oliver 880 ~ "Mist" Green

This morning we woke up and headed to Des Moines for another toy show. This one was at the Living History Farms. It was a pretty cool place, and a decent size show. We again found another great deal! An Oliver Orchard tractor that I have been wanting for a while.


My newest tractor!
The Oliver 77 Orchard

We also spent some time at Baby Depot getting some "finishing touches" for Buckwheat's room. We then finished up at the grocery store...woo-hoo!


The musical mobile we picked up for Buckwheat's room!

All in all, it was a wonderful day to be out because it was soooo beautiful here today! I bet we were in the upper 30's, if not at 40 degrees! Needless to say, it caused a lot of snow to melt; therefore, our yard is becoming a mud hole again...but what's new there!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy!! said...

I'm glad that you and Doug are able to enjoy his/your tractor collecting together! Andy is a collector (but not hard core or anything... mainly if he is out and sees something he wants, he'll buy it, but no toy shows or anything!:) and I must admit that I don't get it. He has tractors that have never seen the floor! We use to take ours out to the sandbox! :) Goodness.. I guess that might be something we never share! But no fear, the kiddo's can play with my tractors! (I'll be the favorite parent/aunt!!)