Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby!

Nope, I didn't just hear that song, and no, Buckwheat didn't arrive...we are just getting more ice! As if 2 bad ice storms in a years time wasn't enough. The freezing rain started sometime around 9 last night and came until 8 this morning. Luckily, we are now getting snow (and some serious blowing). We can hardly see the barns behind the house...let alone down the road. Needless to say, our church canceled services for this morning. I feel like we haven't been for so long now!

We are to continue getting snow for the rest of the day - accumulating to around 4 or 6 inches. Of course, the wind isn't expected to calm down until tomorrow. I don't mind the snow and the wind...but I do hate the ice and wind! That's when we typically lose power. The only thing we have lost as of now is our telephone. Someone hit the telephone box near the end of our drive and knocked out our service. It happened on Friday...so it will be a little while longer before the telephone company makes it out here to fix it. Until then...use our cell phone numbers if you need us!

That's about all the news I have from Iowa...enjoy your Sunday. And, for you NASCAR fans..."Let's go racin'!"

Until next time...

2 comments:

Missy!! said...

Like-a stop.. collaborate and listen.
Ice is back with a brand new invention.
Something, grabs ahold of me tightly, pulls like a hawk daily and nightly... Ahh.. does my heart good!!
Survive the ice ice with that baby!

Missy!! said...

instead of hawk.. i mean harpoon!! My fingers did not listen to my voice!