Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winter Weather Survival

Well, I did survive the weekend! We got a lot of ice on Saturday, and it then melted through the night. Of course, the temperatures dropped on Sunday and everything refroze. Luckily, all the ice was off the power lines and trees, so they didn't fall. I decided to skip church on Sunday when I almost fell on the porch taking the dogs out. I had no clue what the roads were like, but I also didn't want to find out. The grater came by the house late Sunday morning, and I decided it was safe to go to our bowling league. I haven't been since the end of October! The roads were just fine and I had no problems. I had a decent 1st game (a 133 score), but my 2nd and 3rd weren't so hot (a 106 and a 104). Oh, well. We still beat the other team!

Monday, I was suppose to sub in Marengo, but all the schools around here ended up closing after having a delay. I worked most of the day on my medical transcription class...it was nice to get a good amount done! I was going to go watch Mitchell's Christmas program last night, but with school canceled, the program was canceled. Instead, I went to Jeremy & Laura's house for supper. It was a great time, and I even brought some left overs home. The boys were all wound up from not having gone to school!

We are suppose to get more snow today...later this afternoon and into the evening. By the looks of the radar, I don't think we will actually get that much here...but you never know!

Until next time...

And if you are wondering...I haven't seen the roofer since last Wednesday! I hope there isn't too much damage from the ice.

No comments: