Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Just thought I would let everyone know that we did receive the snowfall the weatherman predicted! I'm not exactly sure how much snow has fallen, but it started about 1 p.m. and is still going strong at 5:40 p.m. I shoveled the porch when I got home from school, but you can't tell it now! I did take the boys out and let them play in the snow for a while. They wanted to run and jump across the entire yard. Charlie kept eating the snow! I wish I could have let them off the leashes and really go at it...but I didn't feel like going over to the neighbor's house to retrieve them. Maybe Doug can take them out to play longer tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow as well.

The snow also caused many schools to let out early, including Belle Plaine Community Schools (which is where our church is)...causing the religious ed. classes to be canceled as well. I was actually kind of glad because I didn't want to drive that far in the dark!

I just hope that Doug & the others from work will be able to fly into Cedar Rapids this evening. They are to land around 9 p.m. I keep checking the status of the flight, and it is still on time...one hour until take off.

Until next time...

No comments: