Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Vanderburgh County Fair - Day 1

With the way the month of July falls this year, the Vanderburgh Fair and the Jackson County Fair fall on different weeks.  We have been wanting to take the sheep to Vanderburgh for a few years now, but the animals must move in on Tuesday to show on Thursday.  This typically overlaps with Jackson, where we move in on Sunday to show on Wednesday - following me?

Anywho, today was the day to load the sheep and take them to the fair.  We needed to be there by 5 o'clock, so Doug planned on leaving work early to be home to load the sheep.  I had quite a "to do" list ready for when Sugar went down for her nap.  She had other plans for me...
Yep, she actually fell asleep in my arms!  I'm not sure when the last time that happened!  I decided the list could wait, and rocked her for about a half an hour.  The main reason I put her down - my zucchini bread was done baking.  I didn't think it would be wise to ask Dallas or Reba to pull it out of the oven.

I was able to get my list completed as Doug pulled in the drive.  We made it to the fair in plenty of time, and the sheep got settled in quickly.
I did a little bit of clipping work on one before we decided to go check out the rodeo!  Doug had taken the kiddos over while I was working, and they were able to watch some of the bronc riding.  When we arrived later, they were finishing the steer wrestling portion.
We also watched the barrel races
and the team roping.
We did stay long enough to see the bull riding portion, but it was too dark for my phone to get a decent picture.  Unfortunately, not a single cowboy got an 8 second ride.

Until next time...

No comments: